The brothers Robert and Max Frey laid the foundation for Chocolat Frey’s success story in 1887.
Chocolat Frey AG, based in Buchs in the Swiss Canton of Aargau, manufactures chocolate and chewing gum. The products of the leading chocolate manufacturer on the Swiss chocolate market are sold both in Switzerland and abroad under the brand name of Frey as well as additional private labels. The company, founded in 1887, is a business entreprise of the M-Industry and has been a part of the Migros Group since 1950.
The history of Chocolat Frey AG is almost as old as the European chocolate industry. This traditional enterprise played a significant role in the development of chocolate from being an exclusive treat consumed by a privileged few to a sweet pleasure enjoyed by a large part of the population.